This week is Officials Appreciation Week. Schools, teams and fans are encouraged to spend extra time showing officials how much they are valued as part of our Association.
Here are a few ideas on what schools and fans can do to show their appreciation to officials at games and events this week:
- Provide refreshments such as water and candy.
- Provide a small free meal/snacks from the concession stand.
- Introduce officials at the start of the game as they stand in the middle of the field.
- Give them a certificate of appreciation from your school.
- Give them free admission to one of the games they are not officiating.
Please do not make this the only week officials feel welcome and appreciated at your school, this is just a good time of year to highlight your spring officials.
Full story on CHSAANow.com